Boroughbridge AFCBoroughbridge AFCBoroughbridge AFCBoroughbridge AFCBoroughbridge AFC Boroughbridge AFCBoroughbridge AFCBoroughbridge AFCBoroughbridge AFCBoroughbridge AFC
Boroughbridge AFC Match Reports 10/11
August to December
28/07/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 4-2 Doncaster Intermediates - Friendly
The first friendly for Daz ahead of the new season saw a return for the young pros of Doncaster Rovers Under 19's. On a beautifully prepared pitch (thanks to Dale Binns and John Horner) 'Bridge were first out of the traps when Ben Jones hit a 20 yard opener, soon followed by a second from new signing Frazer Lancaster, rounding off a great move. Doncaster pushed as half time beckoned, and first team squad member Rob Clarke was unlucky to see his shot denied by the post. Soon after the restart the goal of the game gave the home side a three nil lead, as Dan Clayton beat four players before laying the ball to Paul Eagling who deftly chipped the 'keeper. As subs came into play, Rovers came into the match more and were able to claw the game back in sight with goals in the 73rd and 89th minute. Substitute Andy O'Hare wrapped things up in stoppage time, but thanks must go to the young men from Doncaster in playing their part in such an entertaining game.
31/07/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 2-1 Bradford Park Avenue Reserves - Friendly
Our match against Bradford P.A. on Saturday was a great test for the boys. After the first 20 minutes we were pinned back in our own half and lost a goal when Alastair Hogg's save left a tap in for their number nine, but the boys came back with a pass of the game from Andy Layton to Frazer Lancaster who lobbed the 'keeper for a fine goal to make it one all at half time. In the scond half we played a lot better with Man of the Match Baz O'Neil, Mike Mullinger and Marcus Philpott pulling all the strings. We scored what turned out to be the winner when Marcus Philpott crossed to Ben Clayton who headed back for Ben Jones to tap into the net.
04/08/10 - Garforth Town Under-19s 1-4 Boroughbridge AFC - Friendly
After a shaky start Bridge continued their pre season friendlies with a convincing victory over Garforth’s youngsters. Alastair Hogg was forced into an early save when a Jimmy Binks back pass left him short but the Bridge keeper had no chance on 11minutes when Garforth’s No 10 crisp left foot drive hit the roof of the net from 20 yards out. Both sides enjoyed some good passages of play intermingled with periods of indifference before Bridge got to grips with the game following their equaliser on 28 minutes. A flowing Bridge move cut through the home defence and even though Fraser Lancaster was unlucky to see his first effort rattle the inside of the post he reacted the quicker to smash home the rebound. Bridge then dominated the rest of the half taking a deserved lead through a deft chip from Mike Mullenger and two minutes later another incisive move enabled Paul Eagling to lob the advancing keeper. Bridge gave themselves a couple of scares with some over elaboration in the early part of the second half but on both occasions they managed to retrieve the situations and on 56minutes consolidated their position when Ben Clayton headed a home goal kick to the feet of Eagling who held the ball up for the advancing Clayton to drive home the fourth. Changes by both sides tended to disrupt the flow of the game but Bridge continued to dominate and were unlucky not to have added to their tally with their impressive attacking football.
14/08/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 0-0 Bardsey - League
On an excellent surface and almost perfect playing conditions both sides showed plenty of endeavour mixed with flashes of inspiration but in the end neither was able to find that vital breakthrough for an opening day victory. Bardsey certainly started the better of the two sides only to be exposed by a quick break from Paul Eagling which came to nothing and it was 12 minutes before the first shot in anger from Jamie Thompson which was comfortably saved by Alistair Hogg. The visitors continued to look the more threatening as they utilised the full width of the park and Adam Ryder should have done better from an incisive Bardsey move. Bridge’s best effort of the opening thirty minutes came from Fraser Lancaster who forced an excellent save from Jonathan Smith and in the last ten minutes of the half they enjoyed their best spell of sustained pressure. The impetus for Bridge came on 34minutes when Lancaster was again denied by a brilliant Smith save but on this occasion Ben Jones followed up the rebound only to be controversially ruled offside. Minutes later a Paul Eagling free kick was deflected narrowly wide and when the resultant corner was partially cleared Smith tipped over Ben Clayton’s header from brother Dan’s cross. The second half opened with the enigmatic Dan Clayton firing wide following a mazy run and at the other end Ryder was thwarted by the legs of Hogg and the Bridge keeper was also on hand to keep out Thompson and Matt Carry. As the exertions of the first half began to tell the game became more stretched and there was nobody of the end of a testing Chris Hastings run and cross and minutes later Lancaster fired wide after another Clayton run. Clayton then hit the outside of the post following good link play with Jones, Eagling was just off target and when Hogg was unable to hold a stinging effort from Ian MacLean, Ben Mudd was on hand to clear. Despite the lack of goals the game provided plenty of entertainment with Bridge’s new boys all making their mark but in the end they were all overshadowed by an outstanding performance from MOM Andy Layton.
Man of Match - Andy Layton
18/08/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 2-4 Knaresborough Town - League
The confidence exuded following their excellent result against Bardsey dissipated following defeat against local rivals Knaresborough which was followed on Saturday by another disappointing loss at Altofts. ‘Bridge certainly enjoyed a good opening half against K’boro’ and took the lead with an excellent header by Ben Clayton to brother Dan’s free kick in the 23rd minute. Unfortunately within a minute a breakdown in communication between Hogg and Andy Layton allowed Guisseppe Downing the easiest of chances and ten minutes into the second half Downing had completed his hat trick as Bridge imploded. Graham Whitehead put the game out of reach with their fourth on 79 minutes and Dan Clayton’s injury time free kick was of little consolation.
Man of Match - Ben Clayton
21/08/10 - Altofts 3-2 Boroughbridge AFC - League
On Saturday Bridge visited Altofts and the outcome was little different to during the week as they went down 3-2. They found themselves two goals down to a Josh Corbett brace after only 13 minutes and even though Paul Eagling gave them some hope Jamie Lister restored the two goal cushion with 20 minutes to go. Andy O’Hare scored a second for ‘Bridge six minutes from time and despite their best efforts they were unable to snatch a late equaliser.
Man of Match - Ben Clayton
25/08/10 - Ripon City 2-3 Boroughbridge AFC - League
After two disappointing results Bridge achieved their first win of the season at the expense of local rivals Ripon City. It did not start too well for the visitors who went t behind in the second minute when Tom Leeming capitalised on a Ben Mudd error to take the ball round Mark Baranovsky and pass it into Paul Diamond’s net. In a scrappy encounter Bridge’s equaliser came out of the ‘blue’ when new signing Chris Hasting beat Josh Donnelly with a 25 yard drive that nestled in the bottom corner. This restored some confidence to the Bridge’s outfit which was given a further boost two minutes before the break when Donnelly misjudged a Dan Clayton free kick to leave Fraser Lancaster to head home their second. Ten minutes into the second half Tom Leeming brought the home side back on level terms with his second from a Phil Waterworth cross and it was Ripn’s turn to enjoy some dominance. With ex Junior buddies Dan Webster and Ben Clayton in resilient mood Bridge saw the pressure through and 12 minutes from time it was ex Mallorie Park lad Ben Clayton who gave his side the points with a superb header to a Paul Eagling free kick.
Man of Match - Danny Webster
28/08/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 0-5 Beeston St. Anthony's - League
The pre season aspirations of Club Manager Daz Ekin were dealt another blow on Saturday as his team finished the game demoralised and bereft of ideas following this humiliating defeat against a Beeston side lacking several of their better players. The game was only seven minutes old when Bridge failed to deal with a cross from Lee Turnbull leaving Danny Sandoval to sidestep his defender and plant the ball into Paul Diamond’s bottom corner. It did not get any better when the visitors were given a soft penalty and Tony Williamson sent Diamond the wrong way to double Beeston’s advantage. Bridge had their best spell just before half time but three times the visitors cleared their lines and early in the second half Paul Eagling missed a gilt edged opportunity after Brendan Wood had palmed away a Ben Jones header. Any hope they had of maintaining this momentum disappeared passed the hour mark when the visitors broke from a Bridge free kick and Eamon O’Hanlon left the home defence in his wake to smash the ball past Diamond and on 72 minutes he linked with Sandoval to hit home number four. Beeston seemed to be cutting through the Bridge defence at will and it was no surprise when Mike Hall added a fifth eight minutes from time.
Man of Match - Ben Jones
04/09/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 5-0 East End Park - League
Newly promoted East End Park’s first visit to Boroughbridge got off to a disastrous start as they found themselves with three goal deficit after only 27 minutes. The opener came from an unlikely source on seven minutes when Andy Layton, on the turn, fired into the top corner of Tom Clements net from 20 yards and eight minutes later Bridge doubled their advantage through Dan Clayton who was left to side foot the ball home after and incisive link up play involving Tom Smith, Ben Clayton and Paul Eagling. An injury to Tom Smith failed to disrupt Bridge and just past the half hour mark Dan Clayton added his second with another well taken goal. ‘Park, to their credit, did not lie down and enjoyed a good spell before half time only to find the returning Steve Tovey, a dominant figure, at the heart of the Bridge defence and Paul Diamond in good form as he denied Lewis Burrow. It was evident that it was not going to be ‘Park’s day when three minutes into the second half Smith’s replacement Baz O’Neill chased down a back pass and keeper Clements attempted clearance rebounded off him into the net. The visitors continued to battle hard but it was Bridge who had the last word in terms of goals when finished off an incisive move involving Philpott, Hastings and Webster.
Man of Match - Steve Tovey
11/09/11 - Boroughbridge AFC 3-1 Otley Town - League
'Bridge continued from where they left off last week but after taking a 2-0 interval lead they had to withstand an Otley fight back before wrapping up the points with a late Ben Jones header. Keepers Alastair Hogg and Gavin Phillis were both in action in the early exchanges with saves from Luke Danskin and Paul Eagling respectively but for the next 20 minutes it was the home side who took control. The opening goal came on 26 minutes when Tom Smith’s forward run was arrested but the loose ball was picked up by Eagling for his perfectly weighted pass to be dispatched home by Dan Clayton. Two minutes later they had doubled their advantage as Eagling swept home a Tom Smith pass on the half volley following another flowing move. Even though Bridge continued to dominate the half the visitor’s Scott Cater missed a great chance to reduce the arrears with a free header on 35 minutes. After the break Eagling and Andy Layton both went close as Bridge looked to consolidate but then a slipshod few minutes allowed Otley back into the game. On the hour mark a miscued Hogg clearance left Ben Greenhow with an open goal only for Danny Webster to acrobatically clear his lines but six minutes later, from another poor clearance, the visitors gained a penalty which Cater duly converted. On 71 minutes it was Bridge who gained a penalty when Tom Smith was brought down but Phillis saved Eagling’s spot kick and a minute later it was Hogg’s turn to gain his spurs with a point blank save to deny Chris Dowson. Otley certainly thought there was something in it for them until the 85th minute when Bridge scored the goal of the game as Webster, Ben Clayton and Jones combined and when the latter swept the ball out to Clayton he returned the ball with ‘HEAD ME’ all over it and Jones duly obliged to secure the three points.
Man of Match - Danny Webster
18/09/10 - Harrogate Railway 0-1 Boroughbridge AFC a.e.t. - Whitworth Cup
'Bridge had to survive a few scares from a young Railway side before an extra time goal gave them the upper hand in this Harrogate FA Whitworth Cup tie. The home side certainly had the better of the opening half and Alastair Hogg produced a couple of fine saves to keep his side on level terms going into the break. Bridge must have been given the wake up call during the interval as it was a more positive side that took to the field for the second half when it was the turn of Rail’ keeper Craig MacCrillivray to produce some excellent saves. Ben Jones, Frazer Lancaster and Mark Baranovsky gave Bridge some fresh impetus for the last fifteen minutes which they were able to take into extra time and on 97 minutes Jones found himself unmarked at the back post to head home a Paul Eagling corner. Jones did have further opportunities to nail the game but any addition would have been an unfair reflection on the contribution of the home side.
Man of Match - Danny Webster
25/09/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 5-3 Kellingley Welfare - League
For 45 minutes Bridge were a side lacking in ideas and heading for defeat until, one would assume, a severe management tongue lashing resulted in a second half transformation and a positive outcome. 'Bridge had looked comfortable when a powerful header from Paul Eagling to a Danny Webster cross looped over Scott Bennett on eight minutes but inexplicably it then started to go downhill. Four minutes later they were punished by Calvin Waite when they failed to deal with a Jordan Lawrence free kick and on 19 minutes were undone again by the same pairing as Alastair Hogg misjudged a Lawrence corner leaving Waite at the back post to head home. Things got worse just after the half hour mark when a long clearance bypassed everyone and with Hogg in no man’s land Waite completed his hat trick with a deft chip. The visitors were buoyant only for a seemingly disordered rudderless home side to be thrown a lifeline just before the break when Eagling slipped in Ben Jones to reduce the deficit with a clinical finish. Bridge were hardly recognisable after the break as Eagling hit a post, Lancaster the side netting and then Scott Bennett saved at Eagling’s feet which would have proved pivotal if an unmarked Kevin Duckworth had not missed the target from 6 yards out for the visitors. As the home side increased the pressure a Dan Clayton corner was cleared off the line and two minutes later Eagling scored from the spot when he was brought down following another Clayton corner. Clayton then produced a fine save out of Bennett but the Kellingley keeper was again left exposed on the hour mark as Jones finished off another incisive move. Bennett then denied Eagling on another one on one situation only for the Bridge front man to have the last work on 79 minutes as he finished off another good move with a powerful shot from the edge of the box. Clayton netted a sixth three minutes from time only to find the referee had simultaneously blown for a foul on Hastings.
Man of Match - Paul Eagling
02/10/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 3-0 Kirk Deighton Rangers - County Cup
It was in the last 16 of the County Challenge Cup when these two sides met in a competitive fixture and on that occasion Deighton won the tie 1-0. Bridge Manager Daz Ekin was well aware of Deighton’s excellent start to this season and knew they would be a difficult side to beat with Dean Buckle at the helm but a strong first half performance allayed any anxieties and a second round tie at home to County Amateur side Littletown. The home side could not have got off to a better start when Ben Mudd found himself in space at the back post to volley home a floated Paul Eagling free kick past Michael Denham. Twelve minutes later some neat interplay between Eagling and Chris Hastings resulted in the former sidestepping a few challenges before unleashing an unstoppable shot into the top left hand corner of Denham’s net but minutes before the ‘evergreen’ Alastair Hogg had produced a tremendous save to keep out Jonathan Gobbi’s effort which was top corner bound. Shortly after Bridge’s second Deighton’s Russ Collings had a half chance which was followed by a glorious opportunity for Tom Dickinson who had time and space but failed to test Hogg and this was compounded seven minutes before the break when Chris Hastings cut in from the left to unleash a déjà vu Eagling strike which again left Denham grasping fresh air. The second half, by comparison, was fairly uneventful as Bridge were content to hang on to what they got leaving Deighton to try and force the pace. It was Dickinson who again missed their best opportunity and Hogg made one smart save as the home side comfortably saw the game through.
Man of Match - Chris Hastings
09/10/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 1-2 Leeds City - League
High flying Leeds City were always going to provide stern opposition for Bridge who had the additional problem of facing them without two of their key players this season, Danny Webster and Ben Clayton. This did not seem to deter the home side who started positively with some good passages of play and they were rewarded for their efforts on 18 minutes when a Chris Hastings cross was knocked back by Fraser Lancaster into the path of Ben Jones and when his effort was blocked Lancaster followed up to poke the ball past Jordan Mullins. Unfortunately all the good work was undone within three minutes as leading scorer James Hochstrasser was on hand to fire home from close range after Alastair Hogg palmed away a Jason Miller effort. This is how it stayed until the break and within a minute of the restart Ben Jones missed a great opportunity to put Bridge back in front which proved to be vital as the visitors became more dominant. Hogg was forced to make a couple of smart saves before Bridge, who were looking less assured under the increasing Leeds pressure, succumbed 15 minutes from time. Defensively it was a poor goal to give away as Miller’s corner was headed back into the box by an unmarked Johnny Brockett to Steve Clarke who was able to swivel and fire past Hogg from six yards out. Leeds were able to see the game through without any traumas and Bridge, who showed plenty of commitment and desire must now dust themselves down for an away trip to Ripon City in the Whitworth Cup.
Man of Match - Baz O'Neill
16/10/10 - Ripon City 0-3 Boroughbridge AFC - Whitworth Cup
'Bridge’s preparations for this Whitworth Cup quarter final were not ideal with players Ben Mudd and Paul Eagling both absent in addition to their Management team of Daz Ekin and Tony Coles. With Danny Webster and Ben Clayton returning to the side Bridge took the gamble of playing the resourceful Baz O’Neill in a defensive role and he showed his adaptability with a Man of the Match performance. It was the home side who forced the early pressure despite being without their influential captain & ex Bridge player Paul Vincent but on a difficult playing surface they failed to trouble Bridge keeper Alastair Hogg. As with most local derbies the initial breakthrough was going to be the key and it went Bridge’s way on 20 minutes from an inswinging Dan Clayton corner which was flicked in at the near post by brother Ben. Minutes later Ben should have increased the lead when a great through ball from Dan put him in the clear only for his lob over the advancing Will Wray to bounce on top of the bar. As the half went on the game became increasingly scrappy with derisory comments directed at the referee from both management teams and spectators only serving to exacerbate the situation. There was little change after the interval and it was the enforced substitution of Tom Smith for Ben Clayton that was the catalyst to the second goal. Within a minute of his introduction Smith picked up a crossfield ball from Marcus Philpott near the half way line and proceeded past two defenders before driving in a superb ball for an unmarked Ben Jones to finish. Tom Leeming squandered a great chance to reduce the deficit on 80 minutes when he headed over a Danny Edmunds cross and five minutes later any chance of a late fight back dissipated with Bridge’s third. O’Neill instigated the move deep in the Bridge half as he linked with Chris Hastings who then found Jones and his quick return pass split the home defence leaving Hastings to beat Wray with a quality finish. Bridge’s reward for a good, solid team performance is a trip to Beckwithshaw Saints in the semi final on a date to be arranged.
Man of Match - Baz O'Neill
23/10/10 - Rothwell Athletic 0-2 Boroughbridge AFC - League
'Bridge continued from where they left off at Ripon with another clean sheet in a hard fought battle at second from bottom Rothwell Athletic. The home side started defensively and were difficult to break down with only half chances for both sides until the 28th minute when Alastair Hogg easily gathered in a Craig Hartley effort. From the half hour mark Bridge managed to get behind the Rothwell defence on a few occasions without causing any significant damage until the a minute before the beak when a quick interchange of passes allowed Ben Jones to beat Lee Wood for the opener. The home side responded with two quick corners but Bridge survived to preserve their half time lead. The goal forced Rothwell to adopt a more attacking approach after the interval which opened up the game and with the wing play of Chris Hastings and Dan Clayton a constant threat it was Bridge who consolidated their position when Ben Clayton fired in the second just past the hour mark. The home side’s cause was not helped by the dismissal of Jarrod Wallace for two bookings and the game should have been put beyond the reach of the hosts as Hasting misjudged his lob over the keeper and Fraser Lancaster missed the goal when through one on one with the keeper. Overall, however, it was a good result against a tricky opposition who have always caused Bridge problems in the past and Bridge will now be looking for a similar result against a Sherburn side who they have yet to beat at their Aldborough Road ground in the Premier Division.
Man of Match - Danny Webster
30/10/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 3-0 Sherburn White Rose - League
The opening 30 minutes Bridge produced football of quality and intensity and even though they could not maintain this over the course of the game it was arguably their best performance this season. It started in the first minute as Ben Jones forced an excellent save from Simon Hudson and a minute later the keeper was in action to deny Ben Clayton before his defence scrambled away another Bridge attack. Dan Clayton was the next to test the keeper before Hudson’s resistance was finally broken on 18minutes when Mark Baranovsky opened his account for the club with a well timed leap to head home a Paul Eagling corner. Four minutes later another incisive Bridge move swept the length of the field as Alastair Hogg, Danny Webster, Andy Layton, Paul Eagling Clayton (B) and Chris Hastings were all involved leaving Eagling to sweep home the second. Hudson was in action soon afterwards to keep out a Baz O’Neill volley and it was 27 minutes into the game before Hogg made his first save of the afternoon from a strong John Potter drive. Five minutes later Stuart Liddle was unable to capitalise when Hogg flicked away a Sherburn corner but it was Bridge who finished the stronger with O'Neill and Eagling both going close. The game seemed to be going much the same way after the break when a move started by Baranovsky in his own penalty area ended with Eagling bringing another save from Hudson but the visitors had other ideas and a changed formation gave them more possession resulting in Scott Walton firing wide from a half cleared corner. It was then Bridge’s turn to go close as a Dan Clayton header hit the bar ahead of Sherburn’s best chance to get back into the game. A break in play due to an injury resumed with a penalty award when Ben Mudd failed to deal with Hudson’s long clearance but a weak spot kick by Potter and a Hogg save let them off the hook. The home side continued to have the better of the chances as Layton had a header cleared off the line, O’Neill, Layton and Hastings all went close and Hudson brought off first rate saves to thwart Eagling and Jones in quick succession. Bridge could not get the luxury of another goal and Scott Williams gave them a reminder with a sharp effort that brought the best out of Hogg but with five minutes remaining Bridge’s performance was rewarded with the third. An interchange of passes involving Hastings, Eagling and sub Mark Burneston resulted in the latter firing a shot destined for the bottom corner only for the outstanding Hudson to again come to his side’s rescue. The resultant corner, however, from Dan Clayton, was headed home by O’Neill to secure a deserved victory and the game ended as it started with Hudson making another exceptional save to prevent A team Captain his first for the Club at this level.
Man of Match - Dan Clayton
06/11/10 - Boroughbridge AFC 4-2 Littletown - County Cup
After three successive clean sheets Bridge found themselves behind to their County Amateur League opponents in the 1st minute when Lee McKeown was given space and time in the six yard box to plant the ball past Alastair Hogg. Minutes later Ben Jones fired well over following a Paul Eagling break and on seven minutes the home side restored parity through Ben Jones who was on hand to slam home the equaliser when Richard Dodds missed a Chris Hastings cross. Eagling was next to fire over as play ebbed and flowed and on 13 minutes it was the visitors who regained the lead from a Jordan Maltas penalty after an adjudged foul by Danny Webster on the edge of the box. Littletown were the more confident side at this stage and McKeown should have increased their advantage four minutes later as he pounced on a mistake by Mark Baranovsky only to fire wide when in the clear. An excellent Bridge move ended with Jones firing at keeper Luke Kelly and Hastings then failed to get enough on a Dan Clayton cross before the latter gave Kelly no chance with a brilliantly executed free kick to send the sides in level at the break. After the interval Eagling twice fired wide before six minutes into the half, and much to the chagrin of the Littletown contingent, Bridge were awarded a penalty. Jones had been put through by Clayton (D) only to be taken out by keeper Kelly after he had managed to get his shot off but Eagling remained cool despite the visitors’ protests to smash the spot kick into the roof of the net. Ben Clayton then missed a great opportunity to consolidate Bridge’s position and Baz O’Neill and Jones were both denied by Kelly in quick succession before a Littletown effort came to nothing as Maltas fired wide. As in the first half the game continued to swing from one end to the other and it was Eagling who was next off target when he fired over after a mazy run took him past four defenders and Hogg produced an excellent save arching his long frame to keep out a looping McKeown header. On 81 minute Jones gave his side some breathing space when he was on hand to finish off some good link up play between Clayton and Eagling but even then there was time for Ben Mudd to clear off the line from a goal mouth scramble and Hastings and Stephen Coles to miss out on one on one opportunities.
Man of Match - Ben Jones
20/11/10 - Beckwithshaw Saints 0-2 Boroughbridge AFC - Whitworth Cup
This Whitworth Cup semi final had all the makings of a banana skin but two first half Dan Clayton goals settled a tie which failed to live up to expectations. The home side’s intentions were clear from the off as they battled for everything to break up play and prevent their visitors getting any rhythm to their play. Unfortunately for ‘Shaw they found themselves behind after only seven minutes when Mike Recchia totally misjudged an inswinging Dan Clayton corner which he parried into his own net. This should have been the catalyst for Bridge to take a stranglehold on the game but this never materialised as both sides failed to adjust to the tacky surface leaving keepers Alastair Hogg and Recchia for the most part untested. In injury time of the first half, however, a Dan Clayton free kick managed to find its way through a raft of players and into the ‘Shaw net which was a bitter blow for the home side, who generally, had matched their West Yorkshire League opponents. The game became a little more open after the break as ‘Shaw were forced to push on which allowed Bridge more space but they were unable to add to the scoreline as Recchia made amends with some fine saves. Dan Riley forced a good save from Hogg as the home side exerted some pressure and seven minutes from time there could have been some late excitement if Sylvester Rowe had been more accurate with a free header. This was ‘Shaw’s last noteworthy opportunity and left Bridge with a Whitworth Cup final to look forward to in the New Year.
Man of Match - Baz O'Neill
Official Boroughbridge AFC Club Partners 2015/16
Boroughbridge AFC
John Ellis Builders
Boroughbridge AFC
The Three Horse Shoes
Boroughbridge AFC
Reed Boardall
BOroughbridge AFC
The Black Bull Inn
The Club would like to thank all our partners and sponsors for the 15/16 season. For information on how to sponsor the Club, please see the Sponsors section.